Business owners protect their assets with Windsor’s Corporate Governance expertise.
A privately-held business is generally the shareholder’s largest financial asset within his or her personal net worth. Most business owners expect that the business will eventually serve as a means of wealth creation and retirement income. Windsor serves as a corporate sounding board to owners and also sits as a director on several boards of directors and advisory boards. In this role our focus is on protecting the enterprise value of the business so that it remains a valuable asset to the business owner. Shareholders of a business should consider establishing a board for these services if contemplating or confronting the following considerations:
- How does the business compare to industry benchmarks?
- Could the board or ownership group benefit from an impartial advisor?
- Do you know how you will exit from the business one day?
- Could a new owner replicate the same business without you?
- Is there a succession plan in place for key managers & supervisors?
- How will the value of the business change should it emphasize different business lines?
Corporate Governance Case Study
Retained by the board of directors to this $12MM retail company in Down East Maine having lost a significant customer contract representing over 50% of its revenue base. Read how we provided value to this client.